Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Fort Myers? Normally, you should consider three major regions of the home for video protection: your front door, your home’s exterior, and select interior spaces. Even though your provider is able to suggest where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Safeguard Your Main Entrance
Even though you might find it unlikely that a criminal would make an effort to just enter through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions take place near this passageway. There are also porch pirates among other threats to think about. A doorbell camera is able to manage all of these possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you are able to converse with people who approach and ring the bell. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to each instance with two-direction audio and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. Then if someone begins doing something nefarious, you can have your video surveillance document the event on video and transmit it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Outdoor Surveillance System
Determining where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging undertaking. Thankfully, there are a few beneficial recommendations to greatly increase the likelihood that you’re well protected.
- Corners of your Fort Myers residence provide a large viewing angle, seeing two parts of your exterior.
- Position underneath an eave or directly into a length of cladding or edging are ideal locations for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing passageway for intruders than you might believe!
- Overlooking a back porch or rear door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the sidewalk.
For each installation, make sure you cut back any brush and branches that may block your view.
Suggestions To Get The Best Results From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your home in Fort Myers. That same adaptability does mean there are other installation variables to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine through a window may cast a glare on your surveillance footage. Aim the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a security camera positioned in an elevated area will have a more panoramic view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or attached to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system won’t be able to defend your property if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your devices where little ones and house pets can’t tamper with them. You could try mounting or a different method of attaching them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The greatest surveillance system won’t help you much if you have a plant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to conceal your recording devices. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your entire property -- defending every square foot. Dial (239) 317-1360 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.