Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Fort Myers
You understand you need to protect your home. Above all else, it’s the spot where your family lives and is where you keep your belongings. But what is the best kind of home protection? Determining if you should utilize round-the-clock monitoring is one of the leading decisions you need to make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Fort Myers and see what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system bridges to a third-party monitoring team that is set to offer assistance at all times. Whenever an entrypoint sensor trips or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring agents are issued an alert instantaneously. They will work quickly to validate the alarm and dispatch the appropriate first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t include a backup team. You could think of this choice as self-monitored, which means that if your system is tripped, you must respond to get it resolved. This possibility is the less expensive solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Fort Myers
Here’s a brief overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having 24-hour support on your side is always smart. If you are away from home, not awake, or don’t have your cell phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll reply faster to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems may qualify you for a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and flawless integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security expert, you will get access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will find on your own.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Countless people would rather have work done by skilled professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This arrangement is likely to be agreeable for many as home security is a service you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Fort Myers
Here’s a short rundown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: Some could think of this as a pro as they can install the system themselves and avoid an added charge. Other residents may wish to use an experienced technician.
- More Flexibility: You are able to incorporate devices when you wish - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you might find assembling into a fully connected system a challenge.
- You have complete control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t get a security alert? This situation equates to added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: Since you are the single person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No assistance connecting the system: If you require a helping hand during an install, you might have to employ a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Fort Myers
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Fort Myers from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the right choice for your family. Dial (239) 317-1360 today to speak with our security experts.