How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Fort Myers
Security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—something that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, the latest security cameras arrive armed with an array of features all designed to deliver total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and fast action motion detectors, these tools help you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Fort Myers.
How To Set Up Your Fort Myers Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is installing your devices in the right areas within your house. Interior security cameras work best when placed in frequented spots like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good idea to set a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to offer you a clear view of your porch, drive, and patio, garage, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. Then access a view of your main entryway through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places inside your interior that aren’t quite as important to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your visitors needs to be a major regard before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you want a form of device in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the foundation for extracting the most out of home security cameras in Fort Myers. The additions described below help to elevate security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant notifications on your smart device anytime strange activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to start recording when motions are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your security cameras to record and save clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way talk: The majority of current security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to speak to guests through the device. Via your mobile app, you can act like you’re home or greet your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more complete look at an area. Opt for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant texts when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Fort Myers is more simple. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (239) 317-1360 or submit the form below to get started customizing your home security and camera system today.