How Can Geofencing In Fort Myers Work With Home Security?
Modern residential security installations are becoming more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to forget to do simple security duties like activating your home security, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Fort Myers, you can just leave the driveway and have your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Fort Myers For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you may arrange in your smartphone app. The technology then utilizes your mobile device to determine when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices take advantage of to communicate with each other. This technological advancement assists your home security by grouping all components onto a single network. You are then able to institute a unique boundary on all sides of your property and program particular actions as you move beyond the prearranged border line.
For instance, when you leave your driveway, you can instruct your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
These are several of the devices you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your property’s security system in Fort Myers. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: set your smart components to activate at a specific time. Direct various lights to dim to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make particular equipment engage based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when the fire alarm goes off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera detects unusual motion around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that operate in unison. Have your smart bulbs turn off, the A/C go down, and the locks activate when the day is done. Or program the system for a movie marathon with preset light and temperature settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Fort Myers
Whether you desire added peace-of-mind of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our representatives today at (239) 317-1360 or send in the form on this page to start designing your ideal security system.